1. Restorative: We normally recommend this to new chiropractic patients because it is perfect for people with a lot of stress and if you're in a lot of pain you're likely pretty stressed. Restorative yoga is typically the most gentle and relaxing style and is usually done with props to put less strain on the body while you unwind during the yoga session.
2. Vinyasa: Is the most well-known style of yoga and is based on maintaining continual movement between poses. You switch fluidly from one to the other. This style of yoga is more physically demanding than others.
3. Hatha: This is the kind of yoga most people think of, slow-moving, breathing-oriented and completely relaxed. This is a good style of yoga for beginners. It is more of an introduction to physical poses.
4. Yin: This is also a good class for beginners since it is very slow paced. The poses in this style of yoga are held for longer periods of time and most of the postures are seated. This is also a great yoga style for anyone recovering from an injury.
5. Bikram: This is also known as hot yoga. Each class is held in a 105 degree room and these practitioners repeat the same 26 poses twice. Hot yoga is known to be great for the skin and the organs.
There are many more styles of yoga to choose from, so take the time to look for a style that is right for you. And before jumping into any new workout routine consult us so we can help you choose the best routine for you.